Monday, June 29, 2009

Ribbon Flower Headband




I've been really into wearing headbands these days, but the cheap, bargain hunter in me cannot bear to spring for the ones that I covet at Anthropologie or other pricey stores. Last night I made myself a pretty cute one, and it only cost me $0.67!


Yes, I did already own most of the necessary pieces, so all I had to spend money on was the headband itself. I purchased the headband for said $0.67 at Fabric Outlet (on Mission at 17th street). The fabric rosette was clipped off a dress I bought at H&M years ago -it looks much better on a headband than it did on the dress, and I already had the sparkly red ribbon, as I am an avid collector of ribbons. (I'll be sure to post my newly organized ribbon drawer sometime soon).


I simply wrapped the ribbon around the headband, secured the ends to the headband with my trusty hot glue gun, then glued on the rosette and doubly secured with thread. I stitched down the petals so they are flush to the headband instead of sticking out all crazy on my head. Can't wait to wear it soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment