Sunday, June 28, 2009

Cane Chairs




I thought I'd start my blog with a pair of chairs I recently redid for my work at a staging company. The cane barrel chairs have a great shape and are a great size for small spaces, but they were pretty outdated in the honey wood color and floral patterned cushion. It was a quick fix with some Rust-Oleum glossy black oil paint -spray paint would have worked, but I like seeing hints of the honey wood coming through the brush strokes. I sewed a new cushion covers from a leftover cream silk drape, though I'm dying to make some graphic black and white print cushion covers for these chairs. I was really happy with the end result, and they went out on a staging job the day I finished the cushion covers. They now have a much more contemporary feel, and I'm about to start working on 2 more of these chairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment