Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Photo Negative Art


I've had a lot of time at home recently, so of course I've been feeling the itch to move things around, get organized, and redecorate. While going through a cabinet yesterday I came across envelopes and more envelopes of negatives from our wedding. I decided that with my 4 year anniversary approaching, it was time to let go of these negatives (from the disposable cameras on the tables at the reception). Honestly, I was never going to reprint any of those photos.

Right after deciding to throw them away, I had the idea to hang them in a glass frame in a window, and what better place to do it than in my "eclectic gallery" bathroom. I looked through the negatives to find ones that made me smile and would represent a variety of guests from our wedding. I then used the 2 pieces of glass and binder clip frame I had put together years ago as the frame.

I really love that I was able to repurpose those negatives into a cool piece of art, now I want to find more glass frames to hang in the upper part of the window!

No comments:

Post a Comment