Friday, November 20, 2009

Baby Clothes!


I am so thrilled that I am soon to be an aunt, I had to share my newest craft projects which have been baby focused. I took some plain white onesies and undershirts from my sister's pile of hand-me-down baby clothes and decided to get crafty with them.
I decided to do the first ones in a garden/little girl theme using embroidery and scrap fabric from my Pottery Barn Kids days. Not sure how the embroidery and hand stitching will hold up in the wash, but they look adorable for now.
I'm sure you'll recognize the bird stencils used in the second set of baby clothes. I thought these would look a little more sophisticated and less "girly", but still be very cute on a baby girl. I enjoy the contrast of the dark brown paint on the white fabric, and look forward to doing more stenciling on clothes, and to seeing my niece in these outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment